What do the Lunar New Year, Mardi Gras, and Valentine’s Day have in common?
This year they are all within four days of each other! There is so much to do in such a short time! Plan your activities with our event calendar at www.hurryout.com.
Lunar New Year – full calendar
Gung Hay Fat Choy! Grab your firecrackers because it’s time to chase away the evil spirits and welcome health and wealth. It’s the Year of the Black Water Snake, according to the Zodiac calendar. Sounds interesting?
Check out one of these Chinese/Lunar New Year celebrations:
- 2013 Lunar New Year Celebration — Chinatown ID, Hing Hay Park — Feb. 9
- 2013 ( Guisi ) Tai Sui and Chinese New Year Celebration — Ling Shen Ching Tze Temple — Feb. 9-10
- Tết Festival: Vietnamese Lunar New Year — Seattle Center — Feb. 9-10
- Lunar New Year — Bellevue Square — Feb. 23
- Lion Dance – Uwajimaya — 3 locations: Seattle, Bellevue, Renton — Feb. 10
Mardi Gras - full calendar
Fat Tuesday begins now! Find the party that matches your style:
- A Family Mardi Gras with Whozyamama — Town Hall Seattle — Feb 9
- Brazilian Carnaval 19th Annual with Show Brazil! — The Neptune — Feb 9
- Mardi Gras Ball: Five Years of Faerietales — 415 Westlake — Feb 9
- Jubilee’s 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Party & Silent Auction — 1927 Events — Feb 23
- Venice is Sinking: A Venetian Masked Carnival Ball — Bell Harbor Conference Center — Feb 9
- Party Bus: Tubaluba Mardi Gras Party Bus 2013 — Tractor Tavern — Feb 12
- Mardi Gras ’13 with Yogaman Burning Band plus Tracorum and Tubaluba — Nectar Lounge — Feb 12
Valentine’s Day – full calendar
Love is already in the air… and it will be for the entire month, with more than 50 events to entertain you and your valentine.
Here are a few ideas:
- Seattle Women’s Chorus – Celebrate — Feb. 8
- Fire – Music of Passion — Trinity Lutheran Church, Tacoma Feb 10
- Cuban Love Songs for Valentine’s Day: Juan-Carlos Formell — Town Hall Seattle — Feb 14
- Secret Lover’s Dance — Ground Zero — Feb 15
- Valentine’s Day Dinner Cruise
- See what the Seattle Children’s Museum has to offer.
- Or, visit the animals at Woodland Park Zoo Valentine’s Day Celebration Feb 9
Appreciate the dramatic arts? Go with your sweetheart, family, or friends to a play this Valentine’s!
or enjoy a burlesque show at:
Need to burn off some of that holiday candy? Run, have fun, and raise money for charity
or go for a stroll and support local artists
- Watch daring stunts and breathtaking choreographies at Cirque du Soleil’s newest show, Amaluna
- Watch an octopus go on a blind date at the Seattle Aquarium
- Solve a mystery in an extra exciting Valentine’s Weekend Murder Mystery Dinner
- Learn to play guitar in 1 day
- Bid for a date at Rain’N Men (women only)
- Compete for the best retro costume at the Jai Ho! Bollywood Disco Costume Party
- Party all night at Neighbours. It’s going to be “a combination of Halloween, Valentine’s, Burning Man, Fetish & New Year’s Eve” all in one!
Do you know of an event that isn’t listed? Help spread the word by posting it on HurryOut.
Best wishes for the Year of the Black Snake,
and may Cupid’s arrow find its mark
Photos: The Bellevue Collection, Tubaluba, Midnight Menagerie, Dan Bennett on Flickr, Town Hall Seattle, Martina Photography on Flickr, Waterway Cruises, Marlene Hutchinson, The Children’s Museum